it’s tuesday again, and that means I’m gonna be on the radio.
head over to kuci.org, and click on the LISTEN LIVE link, orrrrrrr, you can head to my site for the show and find a link over there. they’re both hot to trot. it’s fun to be a DJ. but more people need to call in. just say “hey”, or like, “that was a cool song” or somethin like that. serious. cuz I’m just hangin out there in this little room filled with CDs, cueing up the next LP, spinning in circles in my spinny chair, staring at the phone lights waiting for them to get busy. no sweat if you’re busy or whatever. but if you’re around, or have your phone on ya between 11am - noon, California time… Listen in, and call in and say hey.
seriously. I’m not over it, but at the same time I kinda am.
here’s David Sedaris and his take on un-decided voters:
“I look at these people and can’t quite believe that they exist. Are they professional actors? I wonder. Or are they simply laymen who want a lot of attention?
To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. ‘Can I interest you in the chicken?’ she asks. ‘Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?’
To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.”
I have to admit, I’m pretty depressed that the Dodgers lost. Tampa Bay vs. the Phillies is just about the most uninteresting, non-relevant match-up you could possibly come up with. It’s even more of a letdown because there was the chance of LA vs. Boston, which would’ve been a mindblowing series.
There’s this class that I’m taking right now that is so boring that I get a headache just thinking about it. I won’t go into it too much because the only thing more boring than the class is talking about it.
the GOOD NEWS, is that there’s a good chance I might be participating in an art show at school. and I might be hittin the road to play some shows. we shall see how that pans out.
1) new ryan adams single “fix it” hit on iTunes. it’s solid. maybe this record will bat 100%??? I think it’s a possibility.
2) poke fun if you must, but the a new britney sprears song also hit on iTunes today. it ain’t too bad. I think I’m just amazed at the cycle of her life. seriously, you couldn’t write a better vh1 behind the music / lifetime movie if you tried. pure genius. and I’m glued.
3) I finished up LOOKOUT! RECORDS day on my radio show with the wonderful help of Robb. we both brought a shit ton of our collections, just to play about half of it, but it was so cool. those records are so nostalgic but infinitely genius at the same time. totally a trip.
4) I’m thinkin about buyin one of those drum loop cds for garage band. anybody have any advice on that? shout out.
5) I miss Jon Cheese. But I just took him outta 3rd place in fantasy football.
6) Free 4-song set by Nik Freitas over at daytrotter. I’ve been waiting for it like crazy. It was definitely worth the wait. “Sun Down” on a little acoustic guitar is killer.